Friday, August 1, 2008

Farewell to Hope

It is with great sadness that I must report that the inspiration for the charity Hope's Hope, six-year-old Hope Johnston of Apex, lost her battle with Infantile Neuroaxonal Dystrophy (INAD) July 30 at 12:52 p.m. A good friend of mine, Maria Strauss, helped found Hope's Hope. I stopped by to deliver a cheese-and-cracker tray to the Johnston family July 31 at Maria's request, and was able to meet Hope's father. I was very touched by how well he is handling this, and I am so saddened at what this family is going through.

If you would like to help this wonderful family out during their time of need, you can log on to www.carecalendar.com, then type in 6096 for the login and 5792 for the code. This will bring up a calendar with updates on foods and other items the family may need during this difficult time.

I will hug my 6-year-old daughter a little tighter, and longer, than usual tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment